It’s time for your second lesson. I hope you found Affiliate Marketing Profits – lesson 1 to be useful and informative. Today we are going to talk about affiliate program and what you should look for before joining them.
Let’s jump right in and start with one of the best ways I can think of to choose a product to promote and that is by deciding weather or not you are interested in purchasing the product yourself. If that is the case, chances are, there are many others who are also interested in it as well.
Of course, you can’t just base your decision to promote an affiliate program on weather or not you like the product, but it is a good place to start. Now let’s go over some other thing you should consider.
Points to Consider Before Joining Any Affiliate Program:
- You will want to look for a affiliate program that is of high quality. For instance, look for one that is associated with many experts in that particular industry. This way, you can be assured of the standard of the program you will be joining.
- Look for the ones that offer real and viable products. How do you know this? Do some initial research. If possible, track down some of the members and customers to give you testimonial on the credibility of the affiliate program.
- Does the affiliate program cater to a growing target market? This will ensure you that there will be a continuous demand for your referrals. Do a little research and make inquiries. If there are forums and discussions groups related to the product topic participate and look for reliable feedback.
- A affiliate program with a compensation plan that pays out a residual income and a payout of 30% or more would be a great choice. There are programs offering this kind of compensation. You just have to look closely for one. Don’t waste your time with programs that do not reward substantially for your efforts.
- Be aware of any minimum quotas that you must fulfill. Some affiliate programs impose pre-requisites before you get your commissions. For instance you may have to make more than a $100.00 or make ten sales before you receive your paycheck. If the sales target is too hard to achieve you may want to rethink joining.
- Select programs that have plenty of pre made tools and resources that can help you grow the business in the shortest possible time. Not all affiliate programs have these capacities.
- Check out weather or not the affiliate program has an automated system that allows you to check your referral statistics and compensation at any time.
- Does the affiliate program offer strong incentives for customers to make additional purchases or for members to renew their memberships. Affiliate programs that provide continuous help and upgrades for its products have the tendency to retain more customers. These things can assure the growth of your business.
Always get to know the product and affiliate program you are considering. Knowing the kind of program you are getting yourself into will help you anticipate and prevent any future problems you may encounter. Do some research and don’t be afraid to ask questions before you join.
Questions to Ask Before Joining Any Affiliate Program:
- Will it cost you anything to join?
- Most affiliate programs being offered today are absolutely free of charge. So why settle for those that charge you some dollars before joining.
- When do they issue the commission checks?
- Every program is different. Some issue their checks once a month, every quarter, etc. Select the one that is suited to your payment time choice.
- What is the amount of commission paid?
- If the affiliate program pays per sale (which are the ones I prefer) you can expect to make anywhere from 5% – 75% depending on the program. You will also find programs that pay for each hit or each impression.The amount paid for those type of programs is not much at all, so you must be prepared to send large volumes of traffic through your affiliate link to make a nice paycheck.
- These are just some of the questions that need answering before you enter into an affiliate program. You should be familiar with all of the important aspects of your chosen program. They can help you select the right program for your affiliate business.
Basically these are the lessons for today on how to choose the right affiliate program. Stay tuned for the next lesson! We will be talking about some great ways that you can increase your affiliate commissions.