It’s time for your third lesson in the Affiliate Marketing Profits Crash Course. I hope you learned a lot about choosing the right affiliate programs for your business from your previous lesson. In this lesson, you are going to go over some simple ways that you can boost your affiliate commissions. Which is always a good thing!
As we discussed in lesson one affiliate marketing doesn’t require product development, dealing with customer support, complaints or refunds. As a matter of fact it is one of the easiest ways of starting an online business and earning more profits.
Assuming that you have followed some of the steps in lesson two and that you have already chosen some affiliate programs that you want to promote, what would be the next thing you would want to do?
How about double, or even triple, your affiliate commissions as quickly as possible?
If you answered yes to that question then you will enjoy this lesson! Affiliate Commissions.
I have some great tips to share with you in this lesson that will help you boost your affiliate commissions quickly.
The first thing you will want to decide on is which program the ones you have chosen is the best. Obviously, you want to promote a program that will enable you to achieve the greatest profits in the shortest possible time. There are several factors to consider when selecting a program to focus on.
Then narrow down your choices to the ones that have a generous commission structure and that fit in with your target audience. Check to make sure that they have a solid track record of paying their affiliates easily on time.
You can do that by performing a search for the product name plus the words “affiliate payments”. If anyone is complaining that they aren’t getting paid you will find posts about the issue.
Remember there are thousands of affiliate programs online so you can be picky. You want to take your time and select the best so that you can avoid wasting your time and losing your advertising dollars. Affiliate Commissions.
Now let’s get down to some quick tips that you can use to increase your affiliate commissions:
- Participate in chat rooms related to the product you’re reselling. Start a conversation with a person without trying to sell to them. Later on, while you are chatting, mention the product you’re reselling.
- Create a free ebook with the advertisement and link of your affiliate web site. The subject of the free ebook should entice your target audience to download it. Also submit it to some ebook directories for even better results.
- Start your own affiliate program directory. Join a large number of affiliate programs and list them all in a directory format on your web site. Then just advertise your free affiliate program directory.
- Write your own affiliate program ads. If all the other affiliates use the same ads you do, that does not give you an edge over your competition. Use a different ad to give yourself an advantage over all the other affiliates.
- Use a personal endorsement ad. Only use one if you’ve actually bought the product or service for the affiliate program. Tell people what kind of benefits and results you’ve received using the product. Endorsements also increase the credibility of the product you are promoting.
- Advertise the product you’re promoting in your signature file. Use an attention getting headline and a good reason for them to visit your affiliate site. Make sure your sig file doesn’t go over 5 lines. You can use this in your outgoing emails, on forums and in blog comments.
- Participate on web discussion boards. Post your comments, answer other people’s questions, and ask your own questions. If you can work in how your product can help solve someone’s problem all the better for you and don’t forget to include your sig file when you post.
- Create a free newsletter build around the topic of your chosen product. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just informative and helpful. Then use it to advertise the affiliate programs you’ve joined. Submit it to online ezine directories and promote it on your web site.
- Use bonuses to help sell your products! Using bonuses is one of the easiest ways to motivate people to purchase from you. Remember, you’re often competing with many other marketers. By offering a relevant bonus with the product you’re trying to sell, you’ll help tip the prospect’s buying choice in you favor.
- Start a private web site. Use it as a free bonus as well. Especially if people buy the product you’re promoting. You could also allow people to join for free and then advertise your affiliate programs inside. This does two things. It allows you to keep in touch with your prospects and it makes them feel as if they are receiving extra value when they purchase form you.
- s we discussed in lesson one use product reviews and testimonials. They are one of the best methods to help make a sale. That’s why you will see so many testimonials on a sales page. Take your time and write intelligent product reviews of the products you are marketing and collect testimonials from the people who purchase from you.
- Use a blog to provide useful information in your niche and include your well written product recommendations. When you post regularly you’ll be able to start generating a steady stream of traffic and sales from the search engines. Just be sure to keep your blog focused on good keywords that relate to the products you are promoting.
- Build a list of prospects. The easiest way of doing this is by providing an email opt-in on your website. Ideally, create a system where you offer a bonus if the visitor joins your list. Use a good autoresponder system like Getresponse to collect email address and load a series of 7-10 emails with useful information and free resources. As time goes by your readers will find your information useful and you will be able to convert them in to paying customers.
Try out some of these strategies and see how much affiliate commissions you can make. I don’t recommend trying all of them at the same time. Just focus on two or three at first and see the difference it can make to your affiliate commission checks.
Look for another lesson in a couple of days! We will be going over some common mistakes that affiliate marketers make so that you can avoid making them.
I hope you are learning a lot from your lessons. Enjoy.
Your Learning Partner,